Friday, January 22, 2010

Throes

"Jen, you need to get yourself a man"

With a breakfast taco in my right hand and a kolache in my left, the promise of a high-cholesterol breakfast sent me bouncing through the cafeteria in elation. I was glad to share this moment of gastronomical bliss when I was stopped by a friendly wave from across the room. I thought about doing the wave-as-you-walk-away-and-smile, but I wanted to share the love. We exchanged how are you?'s and I inquired after his lady friend. After a brief chat, during which time I was made privy to all the woes and throes of love, I said goodbye and made my exit. My back was turned, my feet moving forward, my mouth salivating as the breakfast taco pulsed in my hand, and then I heard him call out after me.

"Jen,yourselfgetman"

Pause. Turn. Give semi-hateful look.

"Sorry, I didn't catch that."

"I said, you need to get yourself a man."

"Oh."

2 comments:

Zoe Kendall said...

obviously, balancing a doughnut on top of your head would have been much more attractive and you should really step it up a notch if you wanna git a man.

Margo said...

i will cut him!!

Stalkers