Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tomorrow's Schedule

I will wake up to the sound of your alarm. You will go to class, but I will fall back asleep. My body with sense the need for consciousness and will pull me out of a deep slumber, throw me into rain-resistant clothes and force my legs to walk to class. We will sit next to each other and attempt not to laugh at our professor's misuse of religious terminology, ie: the text was translated into arabic, jewish, and latin.

As I scribble notes in varying types of cursive, I will die of boredom. When class ends, you will remove my body from the room and quietly drag it behind a building where no one goes. You will just cover my body with a sheet for now, you have other things to do.

Next, you will go see my mentee. I haven't seen her since last semester so it's really important that you do this. You will get lost because I wrote down the wrong directions to her new school, but don't worry, you will find your way. You will feel uncomfortable sitting in an elementary school cafeteria. The children will be eating meat patties soaked in meat sauce, drinking chocolate milk, and telling you about how their dad got the Jonas brothers' autographs.

After mentoring, you will do nothing. You have until 3:30 to lay in bed and just think. Or don't think at all, it's your choice. At 3:20, you will start walking to class. Make sure you have read The Iliad and understand it fully. Brother George will ask your opinion on the feud between Agamemnon and Achilles. You sympathize with Agamemnon.

Class ends at 4:45. You will return to the place you left my body. Hold a candlelight vigil over my body. Sing songs about mariner's and your ex-lover and when you feel the air around my body has absorbed enough harmony, you will use the candles to set my body on fire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you have nothing left to burn, you must set yourself on fire.

Margo said...

this is beautifully morbid.
i will not light you on fire.

Stalkers